• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    Battlefield 3 Never thought it would happen.

    Battlefield 3 Never thought it would happen.


    Never thought it would happen.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I want to get the m1911 s-tac but EG servers with the airdrop IFV are empty? How am I supposed to finish the assignments?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    Calculated?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Game not launching from Steam

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    I am trying to play Battlefield 3 from steam and it won't launch

    I've even tried to launch it from battlelog itself and it's still not working

    edit: I have installed the new Punkbuster thing and it still isn't working

    submitted by /u/UnknownXephelion
    [link] [comments]

    join this awesome server

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    there any good custom anticheat to server?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    link pleasde

    submitted by /u/joelrambo
    [link] [comments]

    Is the game worth it now?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    I play on Xbox and was considering buying Battlefield 3. I have all of the other battlefields and never actually looked at bf3. I heard there isn't many players on Xbox one consoles. Is it worth it now?

    submitted by /u/not-invalid
    [link] [comments]

    Should you buy Battlefield 3 Premium Edition on Steam? | HONEST REVIEW & COMMENTARY

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    BF3 failing to launch?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Bought BF3 off of steam when it was released it there, played it daily up until yesterday. Now it wont launch at all, fresh install of both BF3 and origin and still nothing. any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/jrhodeyp
    [link] [comments]

    Love me some Battlefield 3 sniping!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Lookin for team / squad mates

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    Used to be colonel 43 on my PS3 account, new to playing on PC, looking for team and squad mates :D teach me the ropes, it has been a while!

    submitted by /u/AJcaryl
    [link] [comments]

    CO-OP Guns

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Is there anyway to unlock the CO-OP guns right now without buying the shortcut? I am searching for matches on PC but it appears the COP-OP scene is completely dead.

    submitted by /u/AdEzrealGG
    [link] [comments]

    Incredibly low and unplayable performance on a high-end PC

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I was really excited to play Battlefield 3 again when it came to steam as I had not touched it in years and had lost the account that I had the game on. Yeeted 10€ to EA and got the game again, downloaded, installed and off to metro we went... except that's when something odd struck me, on a 64 player match I got barely 90 fps, but I just thought that so much was going on that it was to be expected.

    Fast forward, Noshar Canals, barely got 30 fps but I chose to live with it... until I went on firestorm, where my FPS just dipped to 20 and on Caspian it decided to drop even further down to 9. Clearly the game was not utilizing either my CPU or GPU but once I opened up task manager, the game was not using either, CPU sat at about 25% while GPU usage was barely 6%.

    Alright, let's come back tomorrow and see if it was a one off fluke, but nope, today I went to another Firestorm conquest large match only to be hit with a 21 fps hard limit and incredibly slow texture streaming with about the same amount of CPU and GPU usage. I know for a fact that the game isn't using an iGPU as I lack an iGPU and researching the issue on google didn't yield anything remotely modern or on machines that were not limited by another factor such as being laptops.

    Specs:

    Ryzen 1600x OC-ed to 3.9GHz GTX 1080Ti 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 Ram Running at 2560x1440 Battlefield 3 is installed on an SSD (actually a windows storage spaces SSD cluster) 

    I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the low utilization as I am clearly not bound by power limitations or specifications neither am I even remotely hitting a bottleneck.

    Edit 1:

    I have managed to maybe only temporarily fix it, I will list the steps I performed in order, although I feel that only the very last thing that I did mattered:

    1. Created a user.cfg file in the Battlefield 3 install directory with the content listed below;
    2. Added those three commands to Battlefield 3 launch options in Origin as well as Steam, separated by spaces, however, in steam each command has a - in front of it;
    3. !Most likely what solved it! Opened Battlefield 3 and task manager, details, right click on bf3.exe and origin.exe, set affinity, make sure all cores are selected, apply and restart your PC.

    // User Config Thread.MaxProcessorCount 6 <--- depends on your CPU core count GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 0 Render.DrawFps 1 

    Edit 2:

    I believe I've identified the issue as some sort of what I could only describe as "core" leaking, wherein each time the game is launched it drops a core or a thread or both, resulting in eventually it running on a single non-threaded core, hence the low CPU usage and as a result GPU usage due to it hitting a bottleneck, albeit not a clear one.

    Thus far the only solution is to launch BF3, set affinity for it and Origin again and restart my PC, which would need to be done each time I want to join a different server or even tab out as I noticed that dropped my FPS from 170 to the high 90s. I have absolutely no idea what might be causing this issue as the only mention for this kind of drop in performance was related to Specter and Meltdown two years ago, which I very highly doubt is an issue for a 2020 updated install of Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/otilane
    [link] [comments]

    Is bf3 still playable on PC?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Are there enough players to find consistent games? I'm from Australia.

    submitted by /u/Srbin189
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment